Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One little happy...

...family.



Slowly, but surely, we are growing. 
A few weeks ago, we officially hired our first intern!!  Woo Hoo!!

I would like to warmly welcome Marita to the Brooklyn Treat Shoppe family.

Marita is amazing.  She is, not only, willing to selflessly give her time to us on her days off from her "real job" but, in the short time she's been working with us, she's taught me so much about Indian culture, foods, spices and positivity.

Fascinatingly enough, Marita grew up on a coconut farm in India. She can build a hut out of banana leaves, make her own rope, start a fire with a rock and make kick-ass chai! 

If ever stranded on a dessert island, I hope to have Marita with me. ;P

Her stories of India are incredible and bring a whole new perspective into the kitchen. She makes me realize that when things go wrong, I can just smile through it.  I like that.

Best of all, Marita has been helping our production line move sooooooooo much faster!

Thank you, Marita, for everything you give to me and Brooklyn Treat Shoppe and WELCOME to our family!


Me, Marita and Chris @ Mr. Cyclone Contest in Coney Island 8/7/10

********************************************************************************** 
While Brooklyn Treat Shoppe continues to grow, I want to take a moment to thank all of my friends - new and old alike. Each and every one of you have given so much - with only BTS's success in mind.

There are a few of you who hang out in the wings just to listen to me vent about all the things that frustrate me about doing most of this alone and there are those of you who gussy up in your BTS shirts to sell my product as if it were your own.

To each and every one of you, I send out a gigantic THANK YOU.

All of your help and support has made me realize that I am NOT doing this alone and this isn't MY product. It's ours.

This is exactly why I say this is a "family owned and operated" business.

While my blood relatives do a great deal to make the gears of BTS move smoothly (and I am beyond grateful to have their help!), you really don't have to be my blood in order to be my family.

It makes me beam to hear all of you push and promote Brooklyn Treat Shoppe as a product you seriously believe in.

Your support is what keeps me going when quitting isn't an option.  Each of you hold a special place in my heart.

<3,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment